A fond memory of the groundbreaking ceremony in March 2010. Photo courtesy of Paul Labelle.
2013 Top 13
1. The Centre is certified LEED® Platinum New Construction, a first in Quebec.
2. The Centre is awarded five prizes and honourable mentions:
- 2013 Armatura Award in the "Coup de Cœur" category;
- Visionary Award and Leonard Award in the Mechanical/Electrical Building category during the 11th edition of the Grands Prix du génie-conseil québécois;
- Honourable mention in the ICI Building, Innovative Practice category for Contech’s Innovation and Sustainable Development Awards;
- 2013 People’s Choice Award from the Ordre des architectes du Québec;
- Award of Excellence in the Building category during the 2013 Canadian Consulting Engineering Awards Gala.
3. The Centre’s website is now available in English, further increasing its reach and range of influence.
5. The Centre is awarded a $20,000 grant by the Ville-Marie borough to support its art gallery, the only one in Montreal bringing together art and sustainable development.
6. The first Nuit blanche at the Centre is a great success, attracting over 4200 festivalgoers.
7. The first real summer program draws 2141 visitors to the Centre.
8. A brand new front desk designed by MATPEL, a green woodworking business, is installed in the Atrium.
9. The Marius bistro opens its doors, to the delight of Provence-loving foodies.
10. The Centre offers two new, versatile and bright spaces for rent, ideal for hosting meetings, conferences, training sessions and workshops.
11. Three popular projects boost citizen involvement: a white mulberry tree distribution, a springtime clothes swap and a Christmas tree made from reused soda cans.
12. Greenhouse gas emissions produced by program participants are offset thanks to a partnership with Planetair.
13. The Centre uses webcasting technology for two events, allowing speakers from abroad to participate and maximizing the number of attendees.
2013 in numbers:
- 5 awards and recognitions
- 409 references to the Centre in the media
- 510 events held at the Centre
- 2,564 subscribers to the monthly newsletter
- 3,107 followers on Twitter
- 3,921 fans on Facebook
- 26,250 visitors and event participants
- 172,792 views of the Centre's program on the Mur Mitoyen
- 258,696 page views on the website
For more information about the Centre, consult its annual reports:
- 2013 annual report (PDF) [French only]
- 2012 annual report (PDF) [French only]
- 2011 annual report (PDF) [French only]
- 2010 annual report (PDF) [French only]
- 2009 annual report (PDF) [French only]